Volkswagen Owners Legal Action
Barry Healy and Company Solicitors are initiating legal action against the Volkswagen group on behalf of a number of car owners who were misled to believe that they had purchased a car as “clean diesel” only to find out that they emitted 40 times the allowed levels of emissions.
Owners may be entitled to compensation on the basis of breach of contract and misrepresentation.
The value of compensation will depend on the original purchase price of the vehicle and any subsequent devaluation.
The affected car engines were fitted to cars manufactured since 2009 including VW Golf, Jetta, Passat, Beetle as well as certain Audi, Skoda and Seat models.
The main issues concerning owners are:
- The loss in value of their vehicles.
- The fact that they are actually having to pay more in fuel costs.
- The likely hood that their car tax will now rise.
If you believe you have a claim then contact us today on 01 6468700 or complete the below online enquiry form .
*In contentious Business a Solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement
Please include the following details if you have them to hand:
- Vehicle model
- Registration number
- Age, mileage and price at date of purchase
- Age and mileage now
Tell Us about Your Vehicle:
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have one of the cars that is affected by the VW Scandal. What should I do? What is the case about?
- Which vehicles are affected? Is mine on the list?
- What is the intended outcome?
- What types of damages are you seeking in the Court action?
- How long will it take to resolve this?
- I leased my car, can I still bring a claim?
- I want to return my car, can I do this?
- My dealer just sent me a letter, what should I do?
- Should I continue making payments on my vehicle?
- I fear a significant loss in my car's value, what can I expect?
- I want to return my car. What do I do?
- What cases will be filed against VW? Why?
- What is the legal process?
About Barry Healy & Company Solicitors
- Why should I sign up with Barry Healy & Company?
- If I sign up with Barry Healy & Company what can I expect?